Sunday, August 30, 2009

RSS Challenge 4

The latest challenge from Ready Steady Stamp! was very interesting again, this time the ingredients were these:


and of course, the usual no cute, no digital and at least one stamp.
So here is my entry:

It's a small canvas, 7" x 5". I stamped the "A" (Elusive Images, Classic Alphabet) at the bottom left with Golden's white Gesso quite thickly - it has a lovely consistency. When it was dry I coloured the canvas with various brown and cream Promarker pens, and brown and cream shades of Distress inks, wiping colour off the "A" if I got it on there and leaving part of the canvas white. I shadow outlined the "A" with darker pens. Meanwhile I made some clear dewdrops with Golden Clear Tar gel and put three small ones next to the "A". I used a Paper Artsy Mini script stamp on cream paper with a Distress ink which I then tore and distressed and stuck over a brown patch top right. The "A" on the scallopped circle was also stamped with Gesso onto cream paper and sprayed with Tattered Leather glimmer mist, which I rubbed off the gesso which had partly resisted it. This was mounted onto a larger scallopped circle and fixed as shown. The oblong of brown and blue cloth was cut from my paint rag (a clean corner) as it just seemed to fit and I like the contrast of textures and colours. Then I punched lots of little squares from brown, cream and white vellum and paper, stamped "A" on some of them (Hampton Arts Old Book mini's) and stuck them on randomly as shown. The remaining dew drops were stuck on last. Hope you like it! You can see the challenge here:

9 comments:

patcrafts said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog re RSS Challenge 4. I have just been through your blog looking at your wonderful creative work. Reading your complete profile we have very similar tastes in books, music, films (J.DEPP) etc.
Love your entry for challenge 4.
Pat

Sarah Anderson said...

Ooooh, love the new look blog Chris, and your banner is gorgeous!! Great A's :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant canvas Chris - love the texture, the little piece of cloth works so well! Off for a browse of your blog now!

esyram said...

elle est très belle et très douce un grand bravo

Neet said...

Stunning Chris - love the Gesso usage for the letter "A". Love it!
Didn't notice you had a new banner until I read Sarah's comment - I was too busy looking at your stunning canvas.

ingylass said...

Hia Chris - really like your canvas - I could've sworn you had been busy with those calligraphy pens. Your blog looks great - I wish I could get organised to make time for something like this.
Love Carol x

Rhonda said...

Great take on the challenge, you have so much depth in your work. Cheers!

100drine said...

Oooooh une ribambelle de A très très jolie !!!

P'tite Plume said...

Very beautiful and great ideas techniques.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com