3 hours ago
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
I don't know whether we can enter the Stampbord Challenge more than once!! If we can, here is another attempt, this time a card. As well as Stampbord, I have been playing with my new Cuttlebug. The Stampbord has been coloured with pumpkin & mustard Stazon, then stamped with a Filigree Fusion stamp and clear embossed before being sprayed with black lustre paint. It is mounted on a piece of gunmetal mirri, then on a Black Magic core'dinations board which is black with a gold or mustard core and has been embossed with the paisley cuttlebug folder and sanded. This in turn is mounted on a backing paper from Filigree Fusion, with the same design as that stamped on the stampbord, then the bottom piece is gunmetal mirri again with a cuttlebug-embossed corner. The ribbons and stampbord have been decorated with a few stick-on jewels for a bit of bling. Hope you like it!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Well today has been loads of fun, but a bit exhausting. I was at a workshop at Paddy's Stamping Place, the tutor was Sue Roddis, and there were six of us workshopees! We made a fab folded book, using a paint technique which looked like faded beach huts, which is one of my favourite looks, maybe because I grew up by the sea (lol). The stamps are all Tanda in this instance though people used different ones, Elusive Images in particular. The paints were Stewart Gill and the inks were Distress. One lady made one with african animals and images, which was beautiful. They were all lovely and very different from each other. Sue was fantastic, friendly, encouraging and informative and everyone left happy I think.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
This is a booklet I made, which I think is appropriate as an entry for Glenda's competition. The photos show the cover, the back and front covers and all the pages laid out in order before being assembled. The front cover is decorated with a stampbord panel, stamped with a recent Graphicus guild Limited Edition stamp, and four tiny tiles made with mountboard and glazed with Crystal Laquer. The pages are made from lots of different papers, mulberry, parchment, handmade and papyrus. Many are torn and the edges inked, then stamped in various ways with the Wild Meadow set. The overall size is 4 inches square.
Friday, August 15, 2008
(thanks to Neet for the photo)
I was at a workshop yesterday and made a palooza which was loads of fun. We used Crackle paints which are great, but are best left to air-dry. We had to apply the heat gun, which was a bit dodgy, caused the paint to lift a bit, but it could be squashed back with your finger and none the worse. All the objects are "found" items, and mine came from many sources - bits of old jewellery, part of a belt buckle from when I was slim enough to wear a belt, some pen nibs of my father's and a broken watch, shells, buttons, anything interesting.
Well I seem to be creating a blog of my own, having read a few others'! Time to jump in the water, no more prevaricating. I shall mainly use this blog to share craftwork and ideas, comment on products and shows, all craft related, though occasionally something else of interest to me may creep in!
Posted by chris f at 19:26