Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My First Workshop!


This is a card I have made for a workshop at Paddy's Stamping Place in a couple of weeks. Interesting to do as I had to restrict myself to stuff that Paddy sells, and not just dip into my stash in the usual way! As it happens the stamps are all Elusive Images, and from the botanicals set. Apart from the words which are from Damask Squares I think. I'm not good at keeping words with their "sets" I just chuck them all in a box together and root through when I need words, which to be honest isn't that often. I originally made a card like this with a Lavinia Stamp, the idea being to try and make it look 3 dimensional without resorting to decoupage. No particular objections to decoupage but its not a big thing with me. The darkest flowers are also highlighted with red Sakura Glaze pen, which isn't very obvious on the photo but looks quite good in life. I LOVE Sakura pens. The rest of the colour is Distress ink pads tapped onto an acrylic block and picked up with a water pen to use as water colour. I have made about four other samples so far and need a couple more I think to give people a choice. It will be my first workshop. Ooer. If any of my potential workshoppees are reading this, please be gentle with me! I've done a lot of training before and partly trained as a teacher, but that was vocational training, not fun! Looking forward to it though. Will post some more pics when I get the chance.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

well if this is your first workshop cant wait to see what you do next your card is gorgeous.
happy crafting

InkyArtitude said...

Good luck with the workshop Chris, your love of crafting will enthuse your students and before you know it, you'll be wondering where all the time went. Your sample is beautiful, look forward to hearing all about how it went.

veronica said...

lovely card Chris - you'll enjoy yourself once you get going, then wonder why you worried!

Sarah Liz said...

It went wonderfully - we all had a great time. S x

Sarah Liz said...

What a fantastic day we all had - your workshop was really good fun and so informative. Well done you!! I’ll be back ... S x

Anonymous said...

Chris, have just returned to the land of blog and now playing catch up on yours. Love this card and it is not just because I love poppies. Wish I had been on your workshop.
Neet



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com