Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back to Basics!



These 2 little cards are a definite step back for me, almost to when I first started card-making! Although I wouldn't have used stamped images then - instead I would have cut something out and stuck it on. That phase lasted about 3 weeks I think! Then I discovered stamping via Glenda Waterworth on TV, then grunge, then Tim Holtz, Craft Stamper, Sue Roddis's wonderful Altered Art .... then I visited Paddy's Stamping Place and life was never quite the same again!
Anyway this week I wanted to make some cards for non-crafters who really don't appreciate anything too "out-there" so out came the glue and the pretty papers (these ones were free with a magazine) and the ribbon. I was pleased with the result - I think the colours work well. I may use the designs again, next time a bit more "from scratch" though. Let me know what you think? It would be easy enough to make the background paper with inks and stamps and get similar effects.

1 comment:

veronica said...

they may be basic cards Chris, but nice ones - I like the blue bird one best - and any beginners would be very proud to produce something like these! I agree that it would be easy to do the papers from scratch - maybe lesson 2? - many people seem scared to do something crafty without detailed measurements and instructions, then fortunately they find out how much fun it is to get messy!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com